It’s that time again.
But let’s not call them “resolutions”, let’s call them commitments....to ourselves, to our clients/partners and to our organizations.
All tapped from years gone by? Here’s a few you might want to try on for size:
- Run every pitch and proposal through an authenticity filter. (Or as one of our fave clients calls it, “bullsh*t bingo”.)
- Promote your competition. (Throw them a congrats or a retweet.)
- Give a young person a chance. (Someone did it for you.)
- Set a theme for your year. (Thanks Janet, you are most CREATIVE!)
- Take care of yourself. Go to bed early one night a week and and get to that doctor/ dentist/optometrist/other appointment you’ve been putting off because of meetings and deadlines.
- Call your mom. (Don't have one to call? Call someone else's!)
- Try Twitter. (It won't bite you.)
- Once every few months, define your ideal mental health day. THEN TAKE IT.
- Turn off the TV. (You may experience relief.)
- Make art. (That includes food and finger paint.)
Resolving to be a better person doesn't have anything to do with I.Q. Being an expert takes time over talent. It's not too late to start any of these resolutions or a set of your own.
It's never too late to commit to be better. It's just one day later than it was yesterday.