We can't quite put our finger on it, but it's big. If you can't feel it yet, just reflect on the headlines. The ever-looming debt crisis in the EU. The expanding spectrum of the Arab Spring. Global calls for accountability and equality. As we write this, ballots in the 2012 Tunisian presidential and parliamentary elections are being counted. Yet, democracy itself is always in peril or in question.
It's typically times like this, when we feel most uncertain about the future, that things tend to change forever. Sometimes, even the most obvious and just movements, need a little help.
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.
It's not okay to take without giving back anymore. It's not alright to make rules that favour the privileged minority.
There's never been a better time to get involved. To have your say. There are so many ways to participate. Are you:
- sharing your art (that includes blogging btw);
- taking in, or better yet, organizing, a community lecture or symposium;
- participating in some community activism;
- working on an election campaign;
- starting a grassroots movement to meet a community - local or global - need;
- having meaningful, authentic conversation with everyone you meet.
Our resources. Our people. Our planet.
We will have a voice. How are you using yours?