A Marketing Specialist who’s built to make others matter more.
The human we’re looking for:
- Is open and collaborative;
- Can generate their own ideas;
- Doesn’t mind flushing out someone else’s ideas;
- Can give and take constructive feedback;
- Has a strong sense of craft;
- Loves the web;
- Can easily work across core disciplines (research, strategy, positioning, content development, plan development and implementation) and loves to play and improve;
- Has client whisperer skills and is always at the ready to run a meeting or initiate important conversations;
- Has a strong understanding that modern marketing operates at the intersection of psychology, creativity and technology and has the chops with tools of the trade to get shit done;
- Can communicate like Winston and a whisky.
About the gig
Responsible for holding the integrity of our promises to clients by translating strategy into effective marketing plans and assets, this role is a key driver to ensure the successful completion of projects and positive relationships with clients and vendors/partners.
This role specializes in on-message, on-brand and on-time planning and implementation in a way that builds and stewards brand positions. This includes research, client discovery, tactical marketing (traditional and digital), content planning and development, and client relations throughout the life of a project. Project execution and timelines are held sacred by this role, ensuring that the strategy delivers on its promise. This means asking critical questions and carrying the banner for solutions that make practical, real-world sense, as well as overseeing their implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research, Discovery and Client Connections;
- Translation of strategy into implementation plans and key driver of implementation;
- Key author of content, in partnership with special team subject matter experts;
- Stewardship of visual, verbal and experiential elements of client brands;
- Collaborative partner of creative and technical team members;
- Overall project management, communications and client relations, including leadership of project special teams and problem solving.
Skills and Expertise
- 3-5 years progressive experience in marketing-communications industry;
- Killer copywriting skills;
- Project and account management experience;
- Desire and skills to manage 700 priorities at once (seriously);
- Ability to work with a Fortune500 in the morning, and near and dear non-profit in the afternoon, is an asset.
- We work in the downtown core, with the best restaurants and shops only steps away;
- We serve healthy lunches free, everyday;
- Thunderbolt displays, stand-up desk and Mac hardware is the office standard;
- We listen to bad [ass] music, but drink good wine;
- We have a culture coach and we take that action seriously.
Sounds rad, how do I apply?
Kick off Phase 1 of getting to know you by writing to us outlining why you and your marketing chops matter and fire it off here.
Persuasive is good. Almost everything else is bad. Include a link to a portfolio of your previous work if you’ve got one. That said, we’re just as interested in how you think as we are in your finished product.
Phase 1 Close Date: March 30th, 2018
sagecomm is a strategic marketing and communications provider specializing in brand, service and cause positioning, marketing strategy and community engagement.
Our work is rooted in a strategy-first approach, supported by a foundation of market research, audience-focused design, and a high-touch relationship model that treats our clients as partners.